Bozeman, Montana, United StatesPhotonics and RF
S2 Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Photonics Technician who is meticulous and detail-oriented, enjoys solving problems, and possesses great teamwork skills and the ability to clearly state and share ideas.
- Working with Photonics Engineers to integrate and test complex photonic systems and components incorporating lasers, fiber optics, electro-optics, non-linear frequency conversion, low noise/high sensitivity photodetection and wide band RF electronic subsystems.
- Helping Photonics Engineers to develop testing protocols to determine functionality and optimization or to establish limits of complex systems and subsystems and to ensure quality.
- Using mathematical models of subsystems to predict performance, analyze performance and evaluate data.
The successful candidate will have most or all of these essential skills or abilities:
- Associates Degree in a technical field or a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laser systems, optics and electro-optics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronics that includes electronic components and circuitry.
- Keep laboratory equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
Desirable Skills & Abilities: (hierarchical)
- Experience in optics, photonics, experimental science or in a related area.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of fiber optics, stable CW laser operation, electro-optic phase modulation, non-linear frequency conversion.
- Knowledge of cryogenics and vacuum systems.
S2 Corporation’s General Employee Requirements:
- The position includes working on U. S. Government funded projects that involve the handling of controlled unclassified information, requiring the successful candidate to have U. S. Citizenship.
- This position may include working on defense department funded projects with security restrictions, which may require a security clearance. The successful candidate must be willing and able to apply for a security clearance.
- The successful candidate will have to pass a preemployment drug test and background check.
- Be able to perform physical tasks around the lab and office spaces such as sitting and standing, each for at least an hour multiple times throughout a day, and occasional lifting of items up to 50lbs.
- Attend required organizational meetings in person or through videoconferencing.
- Clear communication of your efforts so that others can reproduce your efforts as needed.
- Efficiently use word processing, spreadsheet, time reporting, procurement and other software.
- Ability to describe technical progress in project deliverable reports.
- Ability to assist in writing funding proposals.
- Ability to interpret general guidelines and work alone for extended periods to efficiently move projects forward.
- Ability, willingness, and availability to travel to field test events up to several times a year, which may include driving company vehicles and working extended hours outside for several days.
- Ability to function as part of a team, that is highly collaborative, cross-functional and multi-disciplinary on multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with coworkers, through in-person conversations, email, and on line in organizational software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to independently learn and apply new approaches and technologies in order to find solutions to complex problems.
The priority date for receiving applications is July 1, 2020, but applications will continue to be considered after this date. S2 Corporation reserves the right to hire none, one, or several candidates for this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.