IT Administrator / Computer Engineer / Software Engineer
S2 Corporation is seeking a qualified candidate to work with computer systems, information technology (IT) management, and software development. The candidate would implement and assist with a variety of IT duties involving system administration, networking infrastructure, and data management and security. The qualified candidate would also implement and maintain current computers in the company infrastructure, for employee working systems and data acquisition systems, and data servers.
In addition, a candidate is desired to be involved with assisting software development work with other team members with an assortment of development tasks as a software engineer. The candidate will assist with designing reliable and extendable software models and firmware for both high data rate processing, front‑end user interfaces (UIs), and networked interfaces for S2 products and services. The candidate will also assist in implementing and testing these models within the product software projects to ensure correct operation.
- Build and maintain computer systems for users.
- Solve general user issues with IT infrastructure as required.
- Maintain and monitor the IT infrastructure for the company for security risks, data backup status, and general health.
- Take a lead role in maintaining the IT infrastructure to support NIST 800-171 compliance.
- Assist the computer engineering team to implement hardware solutions for data collection and analysis
- Self-identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves issues found within product software.
- Assist software personnel to design, implement, test and document software models for processing and front-end related software development. Assist with data analysis and algorithm development and software model implementation.
- Assist with reporting and documentation of software design and documenting software APIs and ICDs.
- Interface with external groups to develop well defined and extendable data interfaces in an integrated system.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in IT administration
- Experience with Git or similar version control system.
- Ability to independently learn new industry experience in technologies to find solutions to complex problems.
- Interested in working in a multi-disciplinary team across multiple projects.
- Team player with demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Reporting with appropriate documented presentation materials.
Desirable Skills & Abilities: (hierarchical)
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Experience with network design, deployment and administration.
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory and DFSR (Distributed File System Replication).
- 1-5 years of relevant industry experience in software development, or new college graduates with exceptional lab / project experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in C# and C++ or other languages.
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
S2 Corporation’s General Employee Requirements:
- Do work with defense department contracts with security restrictions. Applicants must be U.S. citizens to be eligible and must
be willing to apply for a security clearance.
- Be able to perform physical tasks around the lab and office spaces such as sitting and standing, each for at least an hour multiple times throughout a day.
- Clear communication of your efforts so that others can reproduce your efforts.
- Attend required organizational meetings in person or through videoconferencing.
- Efficiently use word processing, spreadsheet, time reporting, procurement and other software used by most employees of S2 Corporation. Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 based tools.